As a student at MSOE, you’ll have access to some of the most advanced technology and research facilities available anywhere. In fact, for many industry leaders in the area, when they need to train new personnel they send them to our campus because of the resources we have to offer.
MSOE is recognized across the country as a university dedicated to excellence and innovation in research. The Applied Technology Center™ (ATC) is a reflection of this national reputation.
The ATC features several centers of excellence, all of which are used every day for undergraduate student research projects. At the same time, ATC undertakes more than 250 company-sponsored research projects every year that are focused on providing real solutions to some of industry’s biggest problems.
There are three main facets to the ATC and its offerings. These include :
With state-of-the-art resources and facilities, the ATC features the following centers of excellence:
- Fluid Power Institute™
- Rapid Prototyping Center
- Center for BioMolecular Modeling
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
- Engineering Research Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power
- Construction Science and Engineering Center
- Photonics and Applied Optics Center
- NanoEngineering Laboratory
- Students Understanding eNergy (SUN)
- Mid-West Energy Research Consortium
- Wisconsin Center for Commercialization Resources (WCCR)
Professional Education and Research Development Seminars
The ATC regularly offers professional education and research development seminars that are designed to keep engineers and managers abreast of cutting-edge technological development, current applications and newly developed techniques. While some of these seminars focus on the foundation of fluid power, others explore more advanced sophisticated concepts in a high-tech, applications-oriented environment. These include public, private and customized seminars.