Are you seeking IFPS Hydraulic Specialist Certification? This course, sponsored by the International Fluid Power Society, will help you prepare for the exam.
This 18-hour, three-day review session is conducted at MSOE followed by the certification exam on the fourth day. The objective of the course is to walk the participants through the study manual provided by IFPS in order to maximize their chance to pass the certification exam.
You will also earn 1.8 CEUs.
Who Should Attend
Certification is designed for candidates who are involved in hydraulic system sales, design, modeling and supervising system operation.
What is the IFPS?
The International Fluid Power Society is the only organization that offers comprehensive technical certification for all professionals in the field of fluid power and motion control industry.
What is the Process of Certification?
After the three-day review session provided by MSOE, participants will take the certification exam on fourth day. Exam will be provided and proctored by IFPS. The test is 3-hours, 50-questions, and multiple-choice type of test. You need to get 35 correct answers out of 50 questions. If you fail, you can re-schedule taking the exam at a later time. If you pass, you will be issued a “Hydraulic Specialist” certificate. The certificate is good for five years, after five years you do not need to retake the exam, you need only to report to IFPS indicating that you are still working in the field.
Why Get Certified?
- The “Hydraulic Specialist” certification is an internationally recognized certification.
- The certificate is portable – it goes with the individual wherever they work.
- Certifications help an individual to advance his career and introduce himself to the global job market.
- Certification sets an individual apart as a leader in their chosen field of work.
- Certification will help a vendor provide over-the-top quality and acquire ISO certification easily.
- Certified personnel help make the work environment safe and improve the safety, reliability and efficiency of a machine operation.
- Job Responsibility 1: Understand the Function of Hydraulic Components in Circuits
- Job Responsibility 2: Analyze Loads and Motion
- Job Responsibility 3: Select Components for Hydraulic Systems
- Job Responsibility 4: Analyze and Troubleshoot Hydraulic Systems
- Job Responsibility 5: Electrohydraulic Control Systems
June 26 – 28, 2017
Days 1-3: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
Day 4 (Exam Day): 9 am – noon.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served daily.
Beverages/Snacks provided throughout the day.
- Review session and exam can be taken to a customer’s site.
- Please consider bringing a pencil, eraser and non-programmable scientific calculator. Reference handbook will be distributed.
- Review session fee does not include exam fee. It is the responsibility of the attendees to apply for the exam, pay the exam fee at IFPS and obtain the study manual no later than two weeks from the review session.
- Register for the exam online at www.ifps.org/certification or call (800) 308-6005 x14.
Location and Lodging
Public seminars will be held at the headquarters of our new education partner, GS Global Resources, in Mukwonago, Wis.
- Address: 926 Perkins Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149 [MAP]
- Training room #5050 on the second floor
- Site contact person: Jeanette Cutberth at (262) 378-5225
For directions and hotel recommendation, please refer to the GS Global Resources website.
Dr. Medhat Khalil
Director of Professional Education & Research Development
Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist
Certified Fluid Power Accredited Instructor