Green Belt students learn the DMAIC tools and roadmap to improve processes dramatically. Green Belts tend to work on smaller scoped projects than Black Belts do with a lighter tool set of the Black Belt’s statistical tools. Nevertheless, Green Belts often form the majority of horsepower in Sigma deployments often times reporting to Black Belts. The separate Lean training is integrated into the GB training and often occurs as part of the improvement phase in DMAIC.
Dates: Next Dates TBD (8 day course)
Time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CPN Member: $4,245
Green Belt (GB) training is a two week class including a combination of Green Belt and Black Belt (BB) candidates. Candidates wishing to train to the Black Belt level are required to complete the Green Belt training before proceeding to Black Belt training. The GB training provides a solid foundation in Six Sigma methodologies along with reference to Lean tools in the Improve phase.
Training is action-oriented, using the model of Plan, Train, Apply and Review throughout the event and project work. Simulation exercises, experiential training, team projects and case studies give students a hands-on learning experience.
Participants are required to bring a laptop to training.
Course Content – Green Belt Level
- Define: Identifying Needs, Project Chartering, Team Formation, Leading a Project, How to use a Communication A3 and/or Problem Solving A3
- Measure: Mapping Tools, Understanding Current State, Risk Assessment, Metrics & Measures, Basic Statistics, Minitab & Data, Measurement Systems Validation, Passive Data Study Preparation
- Analyze: Statistical Hypotheses, Making Comparisons (to a standard, one-one, multiple), Testing Relationships
- Improve & Control: 5s, Setup Reduction, Visual Management, Kaizens, Standard Word
- Control: Control Methods, SPC, Validating Results, Change Management
Outcomes – Green Belt Level
- Understanding of the process and the integration of Lean with Green Belt tools
- Ability to deliver project results within a process
- Typical Green Belt project durations range from a few weeks to a few months
- Green Belt project results range from $50,000 to $500,000
- Project leaders who can assess processes and identify and prioritize optimal projects
- Project leaders who will bring new Lean Sigma skills back to their work areas
Please register early! A minimum number of registrants is required to conduct the training. This decision will be based on the number of registrations received two weeks prior to the first day of class.
Milwaukee School of Engineering reserves the right to revise at any time, without notice, any and all programs, fees and costs stated herein in accordance with the best academic and industrial standards as recommended by its advisory committees. The right also is reserved to cancel any course or subject at any time because of insufficient registration or other valid reason.