Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment is a program to assist veterans who have a service connected disability. Eligibility criteria and more information can be found at the DVA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment website.

How do I apply for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits?

  1. Complete VA Form 28-1900, Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation which can be obtained from your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC).  The entire application process is coordinated by your VRC, not MSOE.
  2. Complete and submit MSOE’s Veterans Benefits Payment Agreement which is available for download and printing or a copy may be picked up in the MSOE Financial Aid Office. This must be done every academic year if you wish to have MSOE certify your benefits for the year.

Payment Information

VA will pay required costs, suchas tuition and fees, books, supplies, equipment, and if needed, special services.  While you are in training, VA will also pay you a monthly benefit to help with living expenses, called a subsistence allowance. The VA will send you a benefits award letter once they have confirmed you re-eligibility.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office

(800) 778-7223

Student Accounts Office

(800) 886-6763

Financial Aid News Blog
Financing your Education