The Wisconsin Veterans’ Education Grant (Vet ED)

The Veterans’ Education (VetEd) Reimbursement Grant program provides a reimbursement grant for tuition and fees following successful course completion. Eligible Wisconsin veterans who have not yet been awarded a bachelor’s degree may use VetEd to pursue educational or vocational objectives up to a bachelor’s degree at an eligible UW, technical college, or approved private institution of higher education. The courses must be taken for academic credit.

How do I apply for the Wisconsin Veterans’ Education Grant (VetEd)?

  1. The VetEd process begins with a meeting at your local County Veteran Service Office (CVSO).
  2. Complete and submit a WDVA 2200, Veterans Education Grant Application, no later than 60 days after the beginning of the term.  This form can be downloaded or completed online on the Wisconsin Dept. of Veterans Affairs website.
  3. Complete and submit MSOE’s Veterans Benefits Payment Agreement which is available for download and printing or a copy may be picked up in the MSOE Financial Aid Office. This must be done every academic year if you wish to have MSOE certify your benefits for the year.

Payment Information

Reimbursement is currently up to 100% of the tuition and fees not covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill, other grants, scholarships, or remissions. The maximum reimbursement is the equivalent of the UW-Madison rate for the same number of credits, up to the full-time rate. The reimbursement percentage may be adjusted periodically to reflect demand and available funding. Veterans must achieve at least 2.0 grade point average or an average grade of “C” in the semester for which reimbursement is requested to be eligible for reimbursement. They must have joint income of no more than $50,000(this is increased by $1,000 per dependent if more than two dependents). If it has been more than ten years since active duty, the veteran must be enrolled as a part time student (eleven credits or less).

The VetEd Grant is a payer of last resort, i.e., it pays tuition and fees after the Reserve Tuition Assistance Grant, the National Guard Tuition Grant, the Post 9/11 GI Bill and other grant or scholarship programs that specifically pay tuition and fees.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office

(800) 778-7223

Student Accounts Office

(800) 886-6763

Financial Aid News Blog
Financing your Education