Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant

All Wisconsin National Guard enlisted members and warrant officers in good standing who do not possess a bachelor’s degree are eligible to receive the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant. This benefit may be used toward eight (8) semesters of your college undergraduate education.

How do I apply for the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant?

  1. Complete and submit the second page of the DMA Form 189-E, Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant Application to MSOE’s Financial Aid Office no later than 60 days after the end of the semester.  The application form can be obtained from MSOE’s Financial Aid Office in, or can be downloaded from the Wisconsin National Guard Web site.  MSOE recommends that you complete the DMA Form 189-E at the same time you complete the pre-application.
  2. Complete and submit MSOE’s Veteran’s Education Benefits worksheet which is available for download and printing or a copy may be picked up in the MSOE Financial Aid Office.

Payment Information
The Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant Program will reimburse 100% of the actual tuition charged by the school or 100% of the maximum resident undergraduate tuition charged by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, whichever amount is less. Veterans must achieve at least 2.0 grade point average or an average grade of “C” in the semester for which reimbursement is requested to be eligible for reimbursement.

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office


(800) 778-7223

Student Accounts Office


(800) 886-6763

Financial Aid News Blog
Financing your Education