Apply for F-1 Student Visa

Accepted students are required to make a non-refundable enrollment deposit and provide proof of financial support. Proof of financial support can be provided by submitting one of the following

Once MSOE has received both the enrollment deposit and proof of financial support, MSOE will release the Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Visa (Form I-20).

Once a student has received the Form I-20 from MSOE the student will go to the United States Consulate or Embassy in his/her country to apply for a student visa (F-1 visa). The student should take the following to the Consulate or Embassy:

  • I-20
  • SEVIS fee receipt
  • documentation of financial support (including undergraduate scholarship letter)
  • high school and/or post-secondary transcripts
  • any score cards for IELTS/TOEFL, ACT/SAT, GRE/GMAT
  • passport
  • MSOE acceptance letter

The decision to grant or deny a visa to an applicant is that of the Consulate or Embassy official who reviews your application.

Students who are not granted a visa may re-apply.

Please direct all questions regarding visas to:

Mark Anderson
Director of International Programs and Services

Graduate Students
Ian Dahlinghaus
Graduate Admission Counselor

ESL and Undergraduate Students
Kayla Maule
ESL Enrollment Counselor

Get Started
International Undergraduate Admissions
Liang Shen
International Admissions Counselor
Phone: (414) 277-2775 Office: GEA 112D
International Graduate Admissions
Ian Dahlinghaus
Graduate Admissions Counselor
Phone: (414) 277-7208 Office: Rosenberg 205
ESL Admissions
Kayla Maule
ESL Enrollment Counselor
Phone: 414-277-7854 Office: GEA 112E