Accepted students are required to make a non-refundable enrollment deposit and provide proof of financial support. Proof of financial support can be provided by submitting one of the following
- A financial guarantee letter from a government or sponsoring organization
- An original bank statement and affidavit of support
- An original MSOE financial certification
Once MSOE has received both the enrollment deposit and proof of financial support, MSOE will release the Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Visa (Form I-20).
Once a student has received the Form I-20 from MSOE the student will go to the United States Consulate or Embassy in his/her country to apply for a student visa (F-1 visa). The student should take the following to the Consulate or Embassy:
- SEVIS fee receipt
- documentation of financial support (including undergraduate scholarship letter)
- high school and/or post-secondary transcripts
- any score cards for IELTS/TOEFL, ACT/SAT, GRE/GMAT
- MSOE acceptance letter
The decision to grant or deny a visa to an applicant is that of the Consulate or Embassy official who reviews your application.
Students who are not granted a visa may re-apply.
Please direct all questions regarding visas to:
Director of International Programs and Services
Graduate Admission Counselor
ESL and Undergraduate Students
ESL Enrollment Counselor