Registration for 2017 camps has closed.
A week-long, residential camp with an introduction to the following areas:
Biomedical Engineering: Biomedical engineers apply knowledge of how the body works to design devices, ranging from imaging systems to prosthetics, to improve healthcare.
- Discussing the various career choices in biomedical engineering
- Understanding the basis of electrical signals in our body and the principles
of electrocardiography (ECG)
- Designing and building an amplifier circuit for biological signals
- Performing a laboratory to acquire and process ECG signals
Learn more about Biomedical Engineering at MSOE!
BioMolecular Engineering: BioMolecular engineering is the merger of life sciences and chemical engineering. A biomolecular engineer thinks and designs at the molecular level using biomolecules like DNA, RNA, protiens, enzymes, and lipids.
- Model construction of DNA
- Introduction to micro and nano scale
- Isolation of your own DNA
- Introduction to polymerase chain reaction
Learn more about BioMolecular Engineering at MSOE!
Nursing Experience: learn how the work you do as engineer is directly related to nursing:
During your Summer program experience you will learn about:
- Introduction to various nursing specialties and levels of nursing (CNA to Ph.D.)
- Explore and experience simulation in nursing
- Hands-on activities in MSOE’s state-of-the-art laboratory
- History of nursing and health promotion
- Discover nursing technology in the 20th century
Learn more about Nursing at MSOE!