What You Get
You have a notebook PC 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Take notes in class. Record data in laboratory sessions. Prepare reports and papers. Develop presentations utilizing specialized software. Send emails to your professors. Research the Internet. The fee covers:
- HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation Dual Core
- 24-hour access to needed software and the Internet
- 20GB of cloud storage
- Email usage
- Insurance for loss/theft (deductible applies)
- Hardware and software
- Upgrade to newer technology every two years
- Compatibility computing throughout campus
- Wireless access
- Standardization of software for most degree programs
- User training and support
- Ownership after graduation with a bachelor’s degree upon meeting all criteria of the notebook computer program
- On-site laptop support and repairs
- Guaranteed loaner if your computer needs service
Depending on your degree program, you may be required to obtain additional software. It also may be possible to purchase some software with textbooks at a discounted price.
Where Can I Use it?
You can connect into MSOE’s computer network from the residence halls or public areas, the Library, labs and classrooms across campus. Or, go wireless — it’s available at locations throughout campus.
Is it Mine?
At the end of your senior year, most students will own the computer. As long as you graduate and allow us to remove the software (per our licensing agreements with software vendors) and adhere to a few other details, it’s yours.
Full time undergraduate students, registered for 12+ credits, will be charged $420 per quarter. The technology fee includes participation in the laptop program, supports information technology, printing services, network usage, and other related services. Accelerated Nursing students will also be charged $420 for the summer term. Students in other programs will be charged $12.50 per credit.
Part time undergraduate and graduate students, registered for 1-11 credits, will be charged $12.50 per credit. Part time or graduate students can opt in to the laptop program and are charged $100 per quarter.