What You Get
You have a notebook PC 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Take notes in class. Record data in laboratory sessions. Prepare reports and papers. Develop presentations utilizing specialized software. Send emails to your professors. Research the Internet. The fee covers:
- HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation Dual Core
- 24-hour access to needed software and the Internet
- 20GB of cloud storage
- Email usage
- Insurance for loss/theft (deductible applies)
- Hardware and software
- Upgrade to newer technology every two years
- Compatibility computing throughout campus
- Wireless access
- Standardization of software for most degree programs
- User training and support
- Ownership after graduation with a bachelor’s degree upon meeting all criteria of the notebook computer program
- On-site laptop support and repairs
- Guaranteed loaner if your computer needs service
Depending on your degree program, you may be required to obtain additional software. It also may be possible to purchase some software with textbooks at a discounted price.
Where Can I Use it?
You can connect into MSOE’s computer network from the residence halls or public areas, the Library, labs and classrooms across campus. Or, go wireless — it’s available at locations throughout campus.
Is it Mine?
At the end of your senior year, most students will own the computer. As long as you graduate and allow us to remove the software (per our licensing agreements with software vendors) and adhere to a few other details, it’s yours.
The Technology Fee is $1,260 per year, which is billed at $420 per quarter during the regular academic year. No summer payment is made, although you will have full usage of your notebook computer.
If you are enrolled in an accelerated academic program, there is a charge for the summer term.