We’re sorry, this camp has filled and no more registrations may be taken. If you would like to be placed on our wait list in case a spot opens, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer engineers “put computers in stuff” – they design the hardware and software brains in a huge variety of products (like iPhones, medical devices, cars, and airplanes). This intense, week-long summer camp will challenge you as you learn more about the computer engineering (CE) field. You will get hands-on exposure by working closely with faculty in our labson exciting projects.
Topics included in the CE Focus on the Possibilities:
- Introduction to the history and scope of computer engineering
- Basis of digital signals used in computer systems
- How computers do math and make decisions
- Learn about and use modern programmable logic devices
- Learn how computers interface with the world through sensors and actuators
- Assemble a hand-held game platform
- Learn to program the game platform to play a game using the ‘C’ programming language
- Tour a local company that manufactures computer-based equipment