MSOE doesn't have a football team, which makes me a bit sad, because I had the chance to play some college ball at Azusa Pacific University and Whitworth College (now Whitworth University). I played at my best at Azusa Pacific, where I served as a defensive end in a 5-2 set; we'd shift to a 4-3 in a third and long situation, which was typically the case on third down because, well, our defense was good. The defensive head coach was Dean Karnowski, and he was tough. He made everyone on the defense a good football player, simply because he cared so much about the game.

So it should be no surprise that I was happy to find out this weekend that Julius Peppers is going to join the Green Bay Packers. It was hard watching Peppers sack Aaron Rogers when the Pack would play the Bears--hard because I love watching Peppers play, even though his great pass rushing abilities was at the expense of Packer Nation.

That said, it's going to be fun to watch Clay Mathews again, now that he won't be double-teamed on a consistent basis.

And, if you're a Bears fan (and I know some of you are), you can at least enjoy watching Peppers when you watch the Packers play (imagine Peppers sacking Jay Cutler--oh ya!).

julius-peppers-trade-blog.jpg