Health Services Checklist

Things to do before you come to college:

  • Fill out the Health Form.
  • Keep a backup copy for your records.
  • Get your own health insurance card or copy both sides of your health insurance card and carry it with you.
  • Make sure your immunizations are up to date:
    • Two documented dates of MMR vaccinations. (Measles/Mumps/Rubella)
    • Tetanus shot within the last 10 years. Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria and Acellular Pertussis) is the recommended vaccine for update as it includes protection against Whooping Cough; otherwise known as Acellular Pertussis.
    • History of Chicken Pox disease (age or year of), or a titer demonstrating immunity, or two Varicella vaccinations which protect against chicken pox.
    • Hepatitis B immunization is recommended.
    • If you live in campus housing, a meningitis immunization is also highly recommended; check out your home clinic or public health department for cost savings.
  • Complete a written list of any prescription, over-the-counter and herbal medications that you take, including dosage and strength.
  • Make a list of your allergies, important medical problems, and special needs (e.g., chronic conditions and disabilities).
  • Know your family medical and mental health history.
  • Be familiar with diagnoses or treatments for any past or current mental health problems.
  • Know address and phone number of your hometown medical clinic.
  • Buy alcohol-based antiseptic soap to carry with you; use it often.

Have a good first aid kit including:

  • Bandages for small cuts and scrapes
  • Gauze and adhesive tape
  • An elastic bandage for wrapping sprains
  • Liquid soap and antibacterial/antibiotic ointment
  • A thermometer
  • An ice pack or chemical cold pack
  • Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for aches and pains
  • Medicine for headache, pain relief, upset stomach and diarrhea
  • Medicine for allergies, cough, cold and sore throat
  • Copy of your health and immunization record and insurance card

Health record requirements

  • All students (new or transfer) must complete the MSOE Health Record Form.
  • Keep a copy for your records
  • Before arriving on campus, mail the original to:
    MSOE Health Services K-254
    1025 N. Broadway
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
  • If not sent in before Aug. 20, you must hand in your completed form when checking into your residence hall on move-in day. We will be checking for completion of all immunizations. Remember we must see two documented dates of MMR vaccinations and a tetanus shot within the last 10 years, and age when vaccinated for chicken pox.
Contact the Wellness Center

Location: Kern Center, K-230
1245 N. Broadway

Phone: (414) 277-7590 to schedule an appointment.


Regular Hours:

Counseling Services (K-230)

Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Health Services (K-250)

Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Student Accessibility Services (K-250)

Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

RCAS Hours of Operation

Kern Center K-125/127

Mon - Thurs: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m

Tutoring is available upon request based on course and tutor availability

Drop-In Hours
Tues and Wed 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. in K125
Mon and Wed 1 - 3 p.m. in K125