4-Year Graduation Guarantee
MSOE guarantees that for a student starting and staying on track, all classes needed for graduation will be available when they need them so that they may graduate in four years! We also will do our best to accommodate all students, be they on track or not.
We also recognize there will be times when graduates need to brush up on the subject matter from a course they have successfully completed. This is particularly important to employers who make significant investments when they recruit and hire recent graduates, expecting these new employees to be fully qualified, work-ready and professionally competent.
Therefore, MSOE guarantees that graduates may refresh their knowledge by repeating any undergraduate course they took at MSOE, at no cost, within three years of graduation.
This will enhance their job performance and may be initiated by the graduate or the employer. Courses retaken under the MSOE guarantee will be taken on an audit basis and no grade will be earned.
Graduate Tuition Grant
MSOE students now have an extra incentive to get their master’s degree here: it’s free! With the new graduate tuition grant, you can get a master’s degree and put yourself ahead of the competition at no cost. We recognize that master’s degrees are becoming the norm in industry, but the expense can prevent many people from pursuing them. The Graduate Tuition Grant will help you make the most of your future, and is another reason to choose MSOE. The MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant will cover 100% of tuition for 9-15 (program specific) on-campus graduate credit hours (100% online courses not included) per quarter for the following programs only:
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering (graduate degree only)
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (graduate degree only)
- Master of Science in Construction and Business Management
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Master of Science in Marketing and Export Management
- Master of Science in New Product Management
- Master of Science in Nursing – Healthcare Systems Management
- Master of Science in Structural Engineering (graduate degree only)
Eligibility Requirements for a MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant:
- Must have an undergraduate degree from MSOE, and
- Must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or better from MSOE, and
- Must have a cumulative major undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or better from MSOE, and
- Must be admitted into an approved MSOE graduate program, and
- Must start the graduate program within one calendar year of degree conferral from MSOE with their MSOE bachelor’s degree, and
- Must apply for the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant before starting graduate studies.
Continuation of a MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant depends on the satisfactory performance of the student’s academic progress as evaluated at the end of each quarter.
Requirements to keep the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant:
- The student must be a full-time graduate student enrolled in 9 to 15 (program specific) on-campus graduate credit hours each quarter with the exception of summer and the final quarter of attendance, and
- The student must maintain a 3.50 or better cumulative graduate GPA each quarter, and
- The student must be continuously enrolled as a full-time graduate student each quarter with the exception of the summer.
- The student must complete at least 9 credits each quarter with the exception of summer quarter.
- Students will be charged $150/quarter for the Infrastructure and Facilities Fee with the exception of summer quarter.
- The MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant may be used to pay for up to 51 graduate credits, and
- MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant may be used to obtain one MSOE graduate degree only.
MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant may be used for on-campus courses only. MSOE courses taught exclusively online will not be covered by the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant.
For more information:
- If you are not yet a student at MSOE, contact an admission counselor directly at (800) 332-6763.
- If you are a current student in a dual degree program, contact your program director. Please also reference the form for B.S. / M.S. Dual Degrees.
- If you are a current student or an MSOE alumnus, contact the Graduate & Professional Education at (800) 321-6763. Please also reference the form for Graduate Tuition Grant.