4-Year Graduation Guarantee
MSOE guarantees that for a student starting and staying on track, all classes needed for graduation will be available when they need them so that they may graduate in four years! We also will do our best to accommodate all students, be they on track or not.
We also recognize there will be times when graduates need to brush up on the subject matter from a course they have successfully completed. This is particularly important to employers who make significant investments when they recruit and hire recent graduates, expecting these new employees to be fully qualified, work-ready and professionally competent.
Therefore, MSOE guarantees that graduates may refresh their knowledge by repeating any undergraduate course they took at MSOE, at no cost, within three years of graduation.
This will enhance their job performance and may be initiated by the graduate or the employer. Courses retaken under the MSOE guarantee will be taken on an audit basis and no grade will be earned.
Graduate Tuition Grant
MSOE students now have an extra incentive to get their master’s degree here: it’s free! With the new graduate tuition grant, you can get a master’s degree and put yourself ahead of the competition at no cost. We recognize that master’s degrees are becoming the norm in industry, but the expense can prevent many people from pursuing them. The new Graduation Tuition Grant will help you make the most of your future, and is another reason to choose MSOE!
To be eligible for the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have an undergraduate degree from MSOE
- Have a cumulative undergraduate MSOE GPA of 3.25 or better
- Have a cumulative major undergraduate MSOE GPA of 3.25 or better
- Be admitted into an approved MSOE graduate program
- Start the graduate program within one calendar year of graduation from MSOE with an MSOE bachelor’s degree, and
- Apply for the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant before starting your graduate studies
The MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant will cover 100% of tuition for 9-15 graduate credit hours per term for the following programs:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (graduate degree classes only)
- Master of Science in Construction and Business Management
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Master of Science in Marketing and Export Management
- Master of Science in New Product Management
- Master of Science in Structural Engineering (graduate degree classes only)
Continuation of the MSOE Graduate Tuition Grant depends on the satisfactory performance of the student’s academic progress as evaluated at the end of each quarter.
Requirements to keep the MSOE Tuition Grant include that the student must:
- Be a full-time graduate student enrolled in 9 to 15 (program specific) graduate credit hours each quarter, and
- Maintain a 3.50 or better cumulative GPA each quarter, and
- Be continuously enrolled as a full-time graduate student each quarter, with the exception of the summer term(s).
For more information:
- If you are not yet a student at MSOE, contact an admission counselor directly at (800) 332-6763.
- If you are a current student in a dual degree program, contact your program director. Please also reference the form for B.S. / M.S. Dual Degrees
If you are a current student or an MSOE alumnus, contact the Continuing Studies and Outreach Department at (800) 321-6763.
Please also reference the form for Graduate Tuition Grant