Program Educational Objectives
The goal of the program is to produce graduates who:
- are prepared to excel in positions of responsibility and leadership in the computer-oriented, information and technology-based organizations of the future.
- have a solid grounding in humanistic studies, an appreciation for cultural diversity and skills to work effectively with people.
- possess the skills to achieve competitive advantages for business and service organizations through making effective and efficient use of information technology.
- have a propensity to be life-long learners, track new information technology and assist in incorporating it into an organization’s strategy, planning and practices.
Through an integrated array of courses and application of technologies, graduates of the program:
- understand and can apply the methodology and tools of quantitative analysis, and the systems approach to the application of knowledge and decision making.
- are prepared to lead business and industry in a global information and communication-dominated economy.
- possess technical and managerial skills and capabilities in the gathering, analysis and communication of critical business information.
- are able to integrate technology to maintain and improve productivity, enhance the quality of work life, and advance technically oriented products, services and information.