Strengthen your management and leadership skills as they relate to the value-added exporting of U.S. manufactured products, services and technology.
The Master of Science in Marketing and Export Management degree program (MSXM) is a technology-oriented leadership program designed to meet the needs of engineers, business managers and other professional and technical persons. The MSXM emphasizes practical knowledge as a critical means to supplement a base of required objective skills. Graduates of the program will possess the broad range of knowledge and skills necessary for senior management or entrepreneurial positions in a wide range of industries.
The MSXM is based upon the philosophy that for organizations to compete in the increasingly intercontinental marketplace their managers need a deep understanding of global business practices. This knowledge will enable them to envision, design, create, sell and maintain products and services that add value to a broad base of humanity living and working in environments as diverse as the individuals themselves.
Faculty in the MSXM program have extensive knowledge and first-hand experience with the global business environment and international markets. Most are employed in the discipline(s) they teach, and most have Ph.Ds.
Admission Checklist and Requirements
The MSXM is built on three specific pillars:
- Individuals gain skills and knowledge across functional business areas.
- Students cultivate technical skills in global resource management and export.
- Students become adept at strategy development, strategic global marketing, global business and entrepreneurship.
The specific areas of major importance complement those articulated in other MSOE management master’s degrees, but further capitalize on global economic opportunities, growth of untapped markets and revitalization of product development to include export markets.
MSXM Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, science, business, management or a related area.
- Computer literacy, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, and a personal computer (laptop recommended) with a modem and private Internet access.
- Two letters of recommendation. If employed, at least one of the letters should be from the applicant’s employer or manager.
- Test scores from the GMAT if the applicant’s undergraduate grade point average was below 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale). The applicant may substitute the GRE if previously taken. Test scores as well as the entire application, will be used as an indicator of potential success in the MSXM program.
- If your native language is not English, a score of 79 or better must be achieved on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). There are additional filing requirements for international students, click here for more information.
Completion of an advisory briefing within the first year of enrollment is highly recommended. The briefing may be completed in either a group session or individual conference, either by phone or in person, with the MSXM program director.
Graduate Program Assistant
Katie Gassenhuber Weinschenk