The MSOE MBA in STEM Leadership is among the first of its kind in the world. It prepares STEM teacher-leaders to develop and support initiatives to improve student learning outcomes in STEM fields and generate greater community awareness for the importance of STEM education.
The MSOE MBA in STEM Leadership will provide PK-12 teachers and college instructors with the capabilities needed to drive higher levels of student achievement in STEM fields, engage colleagues and administrators in STEM initiatives, and foster community support for STEM in PK-12 schools. This innovative new program blends STEM education techniques, business knowledge, and leadership skills. The overall program objective is to support the transformation of STEM teachers into teacher-leaders to help grow STEM education at the elementary and secondary school levels, as well as within community colleges and universities.
MSOE is a leader in STEM teacher professional development. MSOE’s Project Lead The Way (PLTW) summer programs serve more teachers than any other PLTW location in the nation. In addition, MSOE is home to the Center for BioMolecular Modeling (CBM), which conducts grant-supported science outreach programs for teachers and post-secondary educators. Candidates for the MBA in STEM Leadership program will leverage their learning in the MSOE PLTW or CBM outreach program by completing guided field projects for graduate credit.
Program Features and Benefits
- Program graduates earn the MSOE MBA through completion of a 33 quarter-credit core; in addition graduates learn to effectively assimilate new teaching techniques into their schools and communities.
- The program is offered part-time and can easily integrate with a full-time work schedule, with classes delivered as either blended Internet or 100 percent online.
- Participation in PLTW and CBM science outreach programs is converted into graduate program credit through completion of guided field projects tailored to the unique needs of a student’s environment.
- Students complete a personal leadership inventory and receive one-to-one leadership development coaching throughout the program.
- Graduates are connected to a community of like-minded STEM teachers to share new ideas, disseminate effective practices, and provide support for change initiatives.
Kathy S. Faggiani, Ph.D.