Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate is expected to:
- Provide competent, caring, holistic nursing care to clients across the lifespan through analytical use of the nursing process.
- Consistently employ effective communication skills with clients and multidisciplinary teams in a variety of health care settings.
- Incorporate principles of health promotion, maintenance and restoration to empower, clients to achieve optimal health.
- Assume a professional role that is responsive to the needs of society.
- Articulate the evolution of one’s goals and philosophy of nursing.
- Establishes a pattern of lifelong learning.
- Integrate appropriate technology when providing professional nursing care.
- Provide leadership when collaborating with other health care team members and communities in assuming accountability for nursing care outcomes.
- Integrate critical thinking skills, in diverse situations.
- Synthesize research findings and knowledge from the humanities and sciences into professional nursing practice.