No one can predict the future. But one can understand what the future may be by developing strategic foresight. Strategic foresight is one of the most important skills decision makers can have. It involves developing the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the future, learning to think in the future tense, and applying future oriented insights to an organization’s strategic activities and plans.
The application of strategic foresight in the business world results in organizations that are better prepared to take advantage of opportunities that may arise in the future, and better positioned to avoid potential risks.
The Strategic Foresight workshop will lead attendees through the basic concepts of future oriented thinking, expose them to the basic futures tools necessary to understand the future, help them develop insights into the future, and show how to apply those insights effectively into strategic business plans.
The class format will include both discussion and experiential activities that will focus on development and application of strategic foresight thinking tools and analysis in the workplace. Participants will be asked develop future focused insights and strategies for their own businesses.
- Strategic foresight defined
- Why we need strategic foresight in business
- Developing strategic foresight
- Understanding “futures tools”
- Understanding trends and potential disruptions
- Building a robust, future focused strategic plan
Who Should Attend
- Organizational leaders and decision makers
- Strategists, supply chain professionals, operational managers, business unit/function leads, new product developers, marketing and consumer insights professionals
- Anyone interested in learning how to better understand the future
Upon completion you will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the tools necessary to better understand the future
- Understand the concepts of foresight
- Know how to apply future oriented insights into strategic plans
- Know the most significant trends impacting the future and your business
Milwaukee School of Engineering reserves the right to revise at any time, without notice, any and all programs, fees and costs stated herein in accordance with the best academic and industrial standards as recommended by its advisory committees. The right also is reserved to cancel any course or subject at any time because of insufficient registration or other valid reason.