This workshop offers a four-day Lean Associate Certificate program that provides a basic overview of the tools that make up Lean methodology. You will learn the ideology of waste and waste elimination and how to apply the various Lean tools.
This certificate is designed to provide a minimum understanding of the Lean to help enable a culture that is poised for a world-class journey. You will understand the need for change, the importance of a team approach, and gain an overview understanding of the Lean tools. The course provides participants with baseline knowledge to support an organization’s on-going world-class initiative.
Lean Associate uses the modules from Lean Lead Facilitator. The modules included in Lean Associate are:
- Lean Overview
- 5S and Visual Management
- Problem-Solving Tools
- Team Building
- The history of Lean and how it fits into today’s businesses
- Eight forms of business waste
- Basic Lean Tools Overview
- How and when to apply the Lean tools to eliminate the eight forms of waste.
Upon completion, you will:
- Understand the Lean methodology and the need for Lean
- Be able to identify the eight different forms of business waste
- Have a basic understanding of the lean tools and which wastes they target
- Ready to serve on future Lean projects or Kaizens
Why you should attend:
- Have joined a Lean organization and need an understanding of Lean
- Have been selected to be part of a Lean event
- Are a supplier and/or customer who has encouraged you to embark on the Lean Journey
- Entry point to becoming a Lean Leader
- Process owners to gain knowledge of Lean improvements
Milwaukee School of Engineering reserves the right to revise at any time, without notice, any and all programs, fees and costs stated herein in accordance with the best academic and industrial standards as recommended by its advisory committees. The right also is reserved to cancel any course or subject at any time because of insufficient registration or other valid reason.