Are you seeking IFPS Hydraulic Specialist Certification? This course, sponsored by the International Fluid Power Society, will help you prepare for the exam.
What is the IFPS Hydraulic Specialist Certification?
It is a three day review session held and provided by MSOE followed by the certification exam on the fourth day. The objective of the course is to provide instructions and review basics of hydraulics to maximize the chance of passing the exam. It is a non-CEU program, meaning MSOE will not grant credit units or a certificate. Study material is based on the IFPS study guide.
Who Should Attend
Certification is designed for candidates who are involved in hydraulic system sales, design, modeling and supervising system operation.
- Job Responsibility 1.0: Apply hydraulic circuits to perform desired tasks.
- Job Responsibility 2.0: Analyze loads and motion.
- Job Responsibility 3.0: Select components for hydraulic applications.
- Job Responsibility 4.0: Prepare bills of material and schematics.
- Job Responsibility 5.0: Recommend fluid, fluid conductors and fluid filtration.
- Job Responsibility 6.0: Analyze and troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
June 15-17, 2015
Day 1: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Lunch (included): Noon to 1 p.m.
Days 2-3: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Lunch (on your own): Noon to 1 p.m.
Continental breakfast served daily.
Beverages/Snacks provided throughout the day.
- Review session and exam can be taken to a customer’s site for a minimum of 10 registrants.
- Please consider bringing a pencil, eraser and non-programmable scientific calculator. Reference handbook will be distributed.
- Review session fee does not include exam fee. It is the responsibility of the attendees to apply for the exam, pay the exam fee at IFPS and obtain the study manual no later than two weeks from the review session.
- Register for the exam online at www.ifps.org/certification or call (800) 308-6005 x14.
There are a number of fine hotels in the downtown Milwaukee area, some within a few blocks of campus.
Dr. Medhat Khalil
Director of Professional Education & Research Development
Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist
Certified Fluid Power Accredited Instructor