This is a program is designed for companies looking to learn how to protect and enforce their intellectual property rights (IPR) in the U.S. and in foreign markets. This is also a forum for U.S. Government officials to interact directly with Wisconsin businesses about their IPR protection strategy internationally and provide free one-on-one consultations. The Wisconsin District Export Council, MSOE’s Rader School of Business and the U.S. Commercial Service are jointly hosting this event.
- Patents, trade secrets, obtaining/maintaining trademarks and copyrights, and enforcing intellectual property rights in the US and abroad
- Best practices and common mistakes; remedies for counterfeiting, piracy, and trade secret theft; and law enforcement resources for IP protection
- You will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the expert speakers at the conclusion of the program for 15-minute private counseling sessions
Who Should Attend
- Small / Large Businesses
- Start-up Companies
- Innovators / Inventors
- Venture Capital Firms
- IP Attorneys (CLEs hours available)
- Creative Industries
- Technology Industry
- Benjamin Nils Hardmans, Attorney-Advisor
Global Intellectual Property Academy
United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Andrea Cornwell, International Trade Specialist
Office of Intellectual Property Rights, International Trade Administration
U.S. Department of Commerce
- Lynne Beresford, Consultant
World Intellectual Property Organization, United Nations
- U.S. National IPR Coordination Center, Homeland Security
Sept. 17, 2013
$70 per registrant (includes boxed lunch and materials)
1000 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
8 – 8:30 a.m.
8:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Welcoming Remarks - Damian Felton
8:45 – 9:45 a.m.
Top Intellectual Property Mistakes of Entrepreneurs – Benjamin Hardin
9:45 – 10 a.m.
10 – 10:30 a.m.
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Intellectual Property & Trade – Andrea Cornwell
11:30– 12:30 p.m.
Lunch presentation: Madrid Protocol – Lynne Beresford
12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
Law Enforcement Resources:
TBD, Special Agent
U.S. National IPR Coordination Center
Byron Franz, Special Agent
FBI, Milwaukee, WI
Strategic Partnership Coordinator – IPR
1:15 – 1:30 p.m.
Closing Remarks/Panel Q & A
1:30 – 3 p.m.
One-on-One Consultations with Speakers (pre-registration required)
(15 minute segments)
Wisconsin District Export Council and U.S. Commercial Service