Happy October! As your schoolwork picks up and the weather gets colder, please take a moment to read about some important updates from the Financial Aid & Student Account Offices:
1. On Monday, October 20th we will be hosting an event with FREE LUNCH provided. This event is “STUDENT LOANS, CREDIT, and MONEY MANAGEMENT: Everything You Need to Know about Spending Wisely”. It will be held in the Multipurpose Room on the 3rd floor of the CC. Mark your calendars now, and look for more detailed information coming soon!
2. Are you thinking about dropping a class? Doing so could impact your financial aid. For more information on this, please refer to our Satisfactory Academic Policy to be sure you make the decision that is in your best interest.
3. The Annual Career Fair is this Friday and many companies will be looking to offer you jobs or internships. But did you know we already partner with some of these companies and they can give you scholarships too? Check out our most recent Money Monday blog for details and the opportunity to score a scholarship as well as a summer internship!
4. Registration for Winter classes is right around the corner, so be sure that you do not have any financial holds on your account that will prohibit you from registering. You must have paid your account balance and filled out the Student Statement of Financial Responsibility. If you owe a balance and are looking for options, please contact our office.
5. If you live in the Tower (we are jealous!), please be advised that your rent is due the 1st of every month, meaning you are past due for October if you have not paid yet. For questions on this or to make payments, please contact Jenny Wraalstad in Student Accounts.
Thank you for reading these important updates, and enjoy the beautiful fall weather before the snow arrives!