International Graduate Requirements

In order to begin processing an application for admission, the following documents must be received by Graduate & Professional Education Department at least 60 days before the beginning of the term you plan to start. MSOE courses are on a quarter system and classes begin September, November, and March. If you do not receive your F-1 student visa in time to start, your admission will be deferred until the next starting term. For some graduate programs, you can only start in the Fall term.

Required documents for international graduate students:

      • A completed International Student Application. You can apply online through our web site for free. Please make sure your address and contact information are correct in the application. The application must be completed before you are considered for admission.
      • Official college/university transcripts. A bachelors degree is required for admission to our graduate programs.
      • Three letters of recommendation submitted online or by email. Letters could be from professors and past or present managers or employers.
      • Official GRE or GMAT test scores, depending on the program. MSOE’s GRE code is 1476. The GRE is required for the following graduate programs:
        • Architectural Engineering
        • Civil Engineering
        • Engineering
        • Medical Informatics
        • Nursing-Health Care Systems Management
        • Perfusion

The GMAT is required for the following graduate programs:

        • MBA
        • Construction and Business Management
        • Engineering Management
        • New Product Management
        • Marketing and Export Management
      • Personal statement. A one-page letter stating why you would like to study in MSOE’s graduate program.
      • Official IELTS or TOEFL scores directly from or Educational Testing Service ( MSOE school code is 1476 for the TOEFL exam. For students wanting conditional admission (needing English), please contact the graduate admissions counselor for more information. We will waive the IELTS/TOEFL if: You have successfully completed the English as a Second Language program from MSOE or one of our approved partners OR your undergraduate degree is from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that utilizes English as the primary language (official transcript required).
      • Original MSOE financial certification or original bank document (on bank letterhead) showing the amount of funds available for your education and living expenses at MSOE.
      • Original signature sheet document
      • Copy of your current valid passport

Optional documents for international graduate students:

      • Completed Housing form (only if you would like to live on campus)
      • Proof of Health Insurance; In English (only if you plan to not have the MSOE health insurance option)

For students transferring from a college outside of the United States, please submit course descriptions of classes taken. We will evaluate course descriptions to determine if we are able to transfer credits into a graduate program at MSOE. Students may be able to transfer a maximum of 9 credits into a graduate degree.

For students transferring from a college in the U.S., please submit the Transfer Form for International Students.

Please mail all paperwork 60 days in advance to:

MSOE Graduate & Professional Education
1025 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Contact Us

Graduate & Professional Education

(800) 321-6763

Graduate Programs
Request Info
You may be interested in

Explore Why People Choose MSOE