- All Students
- Transfer Students
- Master’s Students
- Conditional Admission
- A completed international student application.
- Official transcripts of all secondary or post-secondary schools that you attended (high school or college)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS test results. MSOE’s TOEFL code is 1476. For full admission we require 79ibt TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS. If your score is below our requirement, please see conditional admission information.
- Original MSOE financial certification or original bank document (on bank letterhead) showing enough money to cover your education and living expenses at MSOE
- Original signature sheet document
- A copy of your current passport
- A completed housing application if you plan on living in the MSOE Residence Halls
- Proof that you will have health insurance while studying at MSOE
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV or resume)
Note: Your college grade point average will determine if you need to take the GRE or GMAT. It is not required of all students.
What is conditional admission?
MSOE provides conditional admission to international students that have not yet fulfilled their English requirement, but do have the grade average necessary to be admitted into a program. Students that receive a conditional admission must complete an Intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program before starting at MSOE. We recommend, but you are not required to attend one of the following Intensive ESL programs for English instruction:
To be conditionally admitted, you must fulfill all the same admission requirements without having to submit a TOEFL or IETLS score. Once you are conditionally admitted into an MSOE program you will apply for the ESL program of your choice. The ESL program will issue your initial I-20 for your student visa. Once you complete the highest level in the ESL program and/or you are recommended by the ESL school to start at MSOE, you may officially start your program here at MSOE.