- All Students
- Conditional Admission
- A completed international student application.
- Official transcripts of all secondary or post-secondary schools that you attended (high school or college) showing complete results from every year.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS test results. MSOE’s TOEFL code is 1476. For full admission we require 82ibt TOEFL with the band score of 19 or or 6.5 IELTS with a minimum band score of 6.0. If your score is below our requirement, please see conditional admission information.
- Original MSOE financial certification or original bank document (on bank letterhead) showing enough money to cover your education and living expenses at MSOE
- Original signature sheet document
- A copy of your current passport
- A completed housing application if you plan on living in the MSOE Residence Halls
- Proof that you will have health insurance while studying at MSOE
What is conditional admission?
MSOE provides conditional admission to international students that have not yet fulfilled their English proficiency requirements, but have met all other admission requirements to be admitted into a program. Students that receive a conditional admission should then enroll in the MSOE ESL Program to gain English proficiency. It is also possible to complete the ESL program at one of our partnering organizations or to submit a qualifying TOEFL or IELTS score. It is expected that students who enroll in an ESL program will complete that program to provide proof of English proficiency before enrolling at the undergraduate or graduate levels at MSOE.
To be conditionally admitted, you must fulfill all the same admission requirements without having to submit a TOEFL or IETLS score. Once you are conditionally admitted into an MSOE program you will apply for the ESL program of your choice. The ESL program will issue your initial I-20 for your student visa. Once you complete the highest level in the ESL program and/or you are recommended by the ESL school to start at MSOE, you may officially start your program here at MSOE.