Registration for Summer Programs 2015 will open December 1, 2014. If you have questions please contact the Pre-College team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 414.277.7207. Thank you for your interest in MSOE.
This intense, week-long summer camp will challenge you to learn more about the biomedical engineering field. You will get hands-on exposure by working in our labs on exciting projects. Working closely with MSOE faculty and current students is an integral part of the program.
Topics included in the BE Focus on the Possibilities include:
- Introduction to the history and scope of biomedical engineering
- Basis of the electrical signals in the body
- Computer programming applications of bio-signals
- Introduction to diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices
- Thermodynamics and fluid flow in the body
- Design of amplifiers for small biological signals
- ECG measurement laboratory
- Signal processing of ECG signals
- Building and testing an ECG kit