Registration for Summer Programs is officially closed. If you need to pay your balance please select PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION and choose ‘pay remaining balance’ and follow the prompts. If you have questions please contact the Pre-College team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 414.277.7207. Thank you for your interest in MSOE.
Mechanical Engineering spans a wide range of applied physics from thermodynamics to materials science to manufacturing technology to mechanisms and control systems. The career path of a mechanical engineer may lead to work in transportation, medical, manufacturing, energy or many other challenging industries. Students who attend MSOE’s Focus on Mechanical Engineering summer program have the opportunity to experience a variety of activities in this diverse field of study. Hands on experience and laboratory demonstrations provide an introduction to the physical principles that are fundamental to Mechanical Engineering.
In this week long program, you will work with MSOE faculty on projects that may include:
- Designing parts and mechanical assemblies using Computer-Aided Design software
- Mechatronics: the electronic control of mechanical systems
- Material Properties: testing strength and impact behavior of metals
- Design of mechanisms: controlling motion and force through mechanical assemblies
- Fluid Power: doing mechanical work through fluid based systems
- Aerodynamics: evaluating lift and drag in a wind tunnel
- Rapid prototyping of mechanical components
- Vibration and materials as applied to the design of musical instruments
- Thermal systems: solar energy collection and storage