Free TB skin tests are available to MSOE students, faculty and staff in Health Services on Mondays and Tuesdays through March; Please call (414) 277-7590 to schedule
TB skin testing is required for:
- students who have arrived within the past 5 years from countries where tuberculosis is endemic
- other high risk categories include a history of HIV, IV drug use, diabetes, silicosis, certain malignancies
- students who work in high risk congregate settings such as nursing homes, hospitals etc. (MSOE Student Nurses and Perfusion students)
- Persons with S/S active disease (productive, prolonged cough for more than 3 weeks duration, chest pain, coughing up blood, fever, chills, night sweats, appetite loss, weight loss, easy fatigability.)
* A history of BCG vaccination should not preclude TB skin testing of students from high risk countries.
Tuberculosis Fact Sheets