Strategic foresight is one of the most important skills decision makers can have. It involves developing the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the future, learning to think in the future tense, and applying future oriented insights to an organization's strategic activities and plans. The application of strategic foresight in the business world results in organizations that are better prepared to take advantage of opportunities that may arise in the future, and better positioned to avoid potential risks.
This two day workshop will lead attendees through the basic concepts of future oriented thinking, expose them to the basic futures tools necessary to understand the future, help them develop insights into the future, and show how to apply those insights effectively into strategic business plans.
The class format will include both discussion and experiential activities that will focus on development and application of strategic foresight thinking tools and analysis in the workplace. Participants will be asked develop future focused insights and strategies for their own businesses.
- Strategic foresight defined
- Why we need strategic foresight in business
- Developing strategic foresight
- Understanding "futures tools"
- Understanding trends and potential disruptions
- Building a robust, future focused strategic plan
Who Should Attend:
- Organizational leaders and decision makers
- Strategists, supply chain professionals, operational managers, business unit/function leads, new product developers, marketing and consumer insights professionals
- Anyone interested in learning how to better understand the future
Upon Completion You Will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the tools necessary to better understand the future
- Understand the concepts of foresight
- Know how to apply future oriented insights into strategic plans
- Know the most significant trends impacting the future and your business
About the Instructor:
Amy Oberg is a strategist and futurist who specializes in helping organizations better understand the emerging competitive environment and respond with effective, proactive strategies. With over 30 years of cumulative experience in strategic development and competitive and market analyses, her insights regarding emerging trends, threats and opportunities, future market conditions, systemic and technology disruptions have been sought out by a organizations in a wide variety of industries including aerospace, energy, telecommunications, transportation, consumer goods, retail, bio/pharma, real estate, finance, and national security. She has served as corporate futurist for two of the nation's largest corporations and provided strategic insights to some of the world's largest organizations. She is now Managing Partner of Future-In-Sight, a strategic advisory firm.
Ms. Oberg holds a Masters degree in Studies of the Future; a Bachelors degree in Communications; and has completed the Program for Managers at Rice University's Jones Graduate School of Management. She is a certified Lean Lead.