There are 4 types of groups:
- Open (anyone can join)
- Members Only (must be invited by the group owner or be granted membership)
- Private (must be invited by the group owner or be granted membership)
- Secret (must be invited and do not appear in search)
1. To join an existing Open, Members Only, or Private group, type a group name in the Search field to find a group you already know about or Browse to find a group you'd like to join. In a Members Only or Private group, click the Join this group button. The owner will need to approve your request.
2. If you're invited to join a group, you'll be notified under Actions on the Activity tab. Click the What Matters: Actions icon to go to your What Matters: Actions page. The number of actions you need to take appears on the tabs across the top of the page. Click the Action Alerts tab, then click Accept to accept the invitation to join the group.