All computer engineering students must see their advisor quarterly to discuss academic and career plans and progress. CE students must receive their advisors' clearance before registering; the online registration system enforces this. Beat the registration rush by contacting your advisor early in the quarter.
Remember that you can schedule your advising appointment before you receive your quarterly registration notice from the Registrar, so do not wait until the last week!
Starting in week 7 sign-up sheets with available advising slots are normally posted on your advisor's office door. Please sign up for one of these slots; signing up early will give you a wider choice of times. Some advisors will notify you of other appointment procedures (e.g., Outlook) or walk-in advising hours.
What to bring to the meeting with your advisor
- A copy of the CE curriculum flowchart for your curriculum version marked with the courses you have successfully completed.
- Your preliminary plans for the next quarter's schedule (information on planned electives: Tentative EECS elective courses in 2014-15)
- Your curriculum track (course list)
- Any questions you may have
The MSOE Registrar keeps track of the advisor assigned to each student. If you are not sure who your advisor is, you can find out by following these steps.
- Log in to my.msoe.edu
- Click Personal Info (next to your name in the top bar)
- Click Academic Info within the My Info window
- Your advisors will be listed in the first section.
Two-degree tracks exist for CE in combination with EE and with SE. These tracks are laid out for 5 years, but students have accelerated the course sequence and finished in one or two quarters beyond 4 years. Please see your advisor or program director (Dr. Durant) for more information.