Students must be in good academic standing to be considered for an internship. The specific requirements for MS-498 Management Internship Experience include the following:
- Meet with and obtain approval from your faculty academic advisor for the internship. In conjunction with the program director of the student’s major, a determination is made if a position qualifies for internship credit.
- Maintain a current resume with MSOE’s Placement Office, CareerNet.
- Submit to Professor Larry Schmedeman a paper describing the internship sometime within the first 1-4 weeks of the quarter. Include information about the company, identify your supervisor with contact information, describe projects and work responsibilities, include information about the number of hours you expect to work, etc.
- Periodically meet with Professor Schmedeman during the internship.
- Submit a reflective paper sometime between weeks 9-11 of the quarter. The paper should be three or more pages and include your thoughts about what you learned on the job, how the things you studied at MSOE were used, things you wished MSOE would teach, and ideas on how the internship has influenced your future career choices, etc.
Companies that have participated in the student internship program include:
- Bosch Automation Technology
- Brady Corp.
- Compaq Computer
- Eaton Corp.
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital
- S.C. Johnson
- Marshfield Medical Research Foundation
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Northwestern Mutual
- Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley
For more information on the internship program, contact the internship coordinator Larry Schmedeman at (414) 277-7359 or email@example.com.