Final Exams are just a few days away. Before you know it, you will be sitting in that chair and the instructor will be passing out the final exam that you have been studying so hard for. It is normal for you to feel some anxiety as you sit down to take your final. Even if you know you are prepared, it is hard not to worry about how you will perform on the test.
Here are seven things you can do at Test Time…
1. Relax, take a deep breath. Know it will be over in two hours.
2. Write down the formulas you know on the back of the test. This is called “brain dumping”. This will help you focus on the problems.
3. Look through the test. Start with the ones that look to be the easiest. I call this banking your points. There is no rule that says you have to start with #1.
4. Determine how long you have on each problem. Count the problems and divide by 120 minutes.
5. If you get stuck move on. Come back to it. Chances are another problem will help you figure out what you need.
6. Don’t second guess your answer. Many times students change their right answer to a wrong one.
7. If you have time, go back and check your work.