Several students have asked for a date extension for when the papers are due for the Region 4 Student Paper Contest for 2014. Therefore we have decided to extend the deadline for the written paper submission to be May 15th. Remember that the paper doesn't have to be original; it can just be a reformatting of a past project or paper from courses, hobbies, school projects, summer work, etc.
(PLEASE FORWARD this on to any who might be interested in participating)
(Students/Advisers/Chapter Chairs: Please post the call in a prominent location.)
WHO: Any Region 4 IEEE undergraduate student member* (or group of undergraduate student members)
WHAT: Student papers written and presented by undergraduate IEEE student members
* You may submit a paper that was already PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN, whether it was for leisure, a class project, or senior design, etc.
* Your paper will be selected and judged based on written and oral communication skills, NOT ON TECHNICAL CONTENT.
WHEN: Written Paper due: May 1st May 15th, 2014; Oral Presentation to be presented June 5th, 2014 (if your paper is chosen)
WHERE: EIT Conference at Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI, USA (note that reasonable travel expenses will be paid for by IEEE Region 4)
HOW: Submit a written paper (via mail or email) that follows the guidelines on or before the due date; then prepare and give a presentation.
Guidelines can be found at: http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/4/studentactivities.php
NOTE: The paper can be from a previous project or previous paper from school projects.
Email written paper to: James@ieee.org
WHY: - You may already have a school project that can easily be put into the correct format.
- Travel expenses will be paid for those papers chosen to move to the oral presentations.
- Win a prestigious IEEE award that will enhance your resume;
And gain experience with writing and presenting a technical paper;
- The award comes with cash 1st place: $800; 2nd place: $500; 3rd place: $200;
- Winning paper/s will be forwarded for review and possible publication in IEEE Potentials!
* There may be help (including financial) available for becoming a student member if not already a member.
For questions about the Student Paper Contest, contact Steven James at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those interested in the EIT conference, visit: http://www.eit-conference.org/eit2014/
Visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/r4sac/
Visit our Webpage on the Region 4 Website: http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/4/studentactivities.php
IEEE Region 4: http://ewh.ieee.org/reg/4/
Manage your IEEE Communications Preferences: <https://www.ieee.org/profile/commprefs/showcommPrefpage.html>
445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA