|Work Address:|| 1025 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3109
|Preferred Contact Method:|
|Department:||Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Education:|| Ph.D. Computer Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, May 2012
M.S. Computer Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, May 2006
B.S. Computer Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, May 2004
|Honors and Awards:|| Outstanding Masters Research Award, ODU ECE Department
Faculty Award in Computer Engineer, ODU ECE Department
|Publications:|| Journal Papers:
1. Ming-Jung Seow, K. Vijayan Asari, and Adam Livingston, “Learning as a nonlinear line of attraction in a recurrent neural network”, Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 337-342, March 2010
2. Adam Livingston, Ming-Jung Seow, and K. Vijayan Asari, “A real-time emotion detection system for human computer interaction: A binary decision tree approach,” International Journal of Factory Automation, Robotics and Soft Computing, no. 1, pp. 156-164, January 2009.
3. Adam Livingston, Ming-Jung Seow, and K. Vijayan Asari, “A real-time emotion detection system for human computer interaction: A binary decision tree approach,” Recent Advances in Control Systems, Robotics and Automation - Third Edition, ISBN 978-88-901928-7-6, vol. 2, pp. 151-159, January 2009.
4. Adam Livingston, Ming-Jung Seow and K. Vijayan Asari, “A binary decision tree based real-time emotion detection system,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Published by Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg (0302-9743 (Print) 1611-3349 (Online), Advances in Visual Computing, Edited by G. Bebis, Richard Boyle, Darko Koracin, and Bahram Parvin, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Visual Computing - ISVC - 2007: (ISBN: 978-3-540-76857-9), vol. 4841/2007, pp. 432-441, November 2007.
5. Adam Livingston and K. Vijayan Asari, “Regional variance dependant sub-frame reduction for face detection in video streams,” IEEE Computer Society Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applied Imagery and Pattern Recognition - AIPR 2007, Washington, D.C., pp. 89-94, October 10-12, 2007.
6. Li Tao, Hau T. Ngo, Ming Zhang, Adam Livingston, and K. Vijayan Asari, “Multi-sensor image fusion and enhancement system for assisting drivers in poor lighting conditions,” IEEE Computer Society Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applied Imagery and Pattern Recognition, AIPR - 2005, Washington DC, pp. 106-113, October 19 - 21, 2005.
7. Hau Ngo, Li Tao, Adam Livingston, Ming Zhang, and K. Vijayan Asari, “A visibility improvement system for low vision drivers by nonlinear enhancement of fused visible and infrared video,” IEEE 1st Workshop on Computer Vision Applications for the Visually Impaired – CVAVI 2005: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition – CVPR 2005, San Diego, CA, pp. 25, June 20 – 25, 2005.
8. Adam Livingston, Hau T. Ngo, Ming Zhang, Li Tao, and K. Vijayan Asari, “Design of a real time system for nonlinear enhancement of video streams by an integrated neighborhood dependent approach,” IEEE Computer Society Proceedings of the International Symposium on VLSI – ISVLSI 2005, Tampa, Florida, pp. 301-302, May 11 – 12, 2005.
|Areas of Specialization / Expertise:||Image Enhancement, High Performance ASIC Design, Facial Recognition, Classifier Based Object Detection|
|Member Since:||Sep 4, 2013|
|Tags:||campus_events academic_programs milwaukee_life|