|Name:||Gulbin Ozcan Deniz|
|Biography:|| Dr. Ozcan-Deniz is instructing AE, CM, and CVE courses such as: “AE 1311: Introduction to CAD”, "AE 1312: Introduction to Building Information Modeling-I", "CM 212: Surveying", "AE 225: Specifications and Contracts", "CM 3011: AE/CM Project Management", "CM 325: Construction Estimating II", "AE 4121: Environmental Science in Building Construction", "CM 3311: Introduction to BIM II", "CM 3210: Construction Scheduling", “CM 3417: Construction Equipment Management”, "CM 4002: Sustainable Construction", "CM 4721: Architectural Engineering and Construction Management Design-Build Senior Project II", "CM 4731: Architectural Engineering and CM Design-Build Senior Project III", "CV 490: Senior Design Project I" and "CV 492: Senior Design Project II".
Her research areas include sustainable design and development, LEED certification, Building Information Modeling (BIM), simulation of construction operations and project conditions, life cycle assessment and costing (LCA&LCC), and risk management.
|Work Address:|| 1025 N Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
|Preferred Contact Method:|
|Department:||Civil and Architectural Eng. and Construction Mgmt|
|Office Number:||CC 42|
|Education:|| Ph.D in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Florida International University (FIU), Miami, FL USA (2011)
M.S. in Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara TURKEY (2008)
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara TURKEY (2006)
|Publications:|| * Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2015), “Modeling Construction Method Selection under Sustainability Constraints”, Journal of Management in Engineering, Under Review.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2015), “A Multi-Objective Decision-Support Model for Selecting Environmentally Conscious Highway Construction Methods”, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, In Publication.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G., Zhu, Y., and Ceron, V. (2012), “Time, Cost and Environmental Impact Analysis on Construction Operation Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms”, Journal of Management in Engineering, 28 (3), 265-272.
* Ozcan, G., Dikmen I., and Birgonul M.T. (2011), “Assessment of Risk Paths in Construction Projects”, International Journal of Project Organisation and Management (IJPOM), Special Issue on "Risk Management in Projects and Enterprises", Vol. 3, Nos. 3/4.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. (2015), “Integration of LEED Concepts into the AEC Curriculum”, The Proceedings of the Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) Conference, March 24-27, 2015, Milwaukee, WI, USA. * Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2014), “Application of Formal Concept Analysis in Estimating the Cost of Green Buildings”, The Proceedings of the Conference of ASC, Washington, DC.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. (2013), “Sustainability Education Trends in the AEC Curricula”, Presentation in the ASC Great Lakes (Region 3) Conference, Downers Grove, IL.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2013), “Analyzing the Effect of Equipment Selection on the Global Warming Potential of Construction Projects”, The Proceedings of ICCREM, Karlsruhe, Germany.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2013), “Using a Life Cycle Assessment Approach for Optimizing Multi-Objectives in Construction Projects”, 2013 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, Los Angeles, CA.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2012), “Evaluating Construction Methods for Low Carbon Emissions Using System Dynamics Modeling”, 2012 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, Clearwater Beach, FL.
* Orabi, W., Zhu, Y., and Ozcan-Deniz, G. (2012), “Minimizing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Construction Activities and Processes”, 2012 ASCE CRC, West Lafayette, IN.
* Ozcan-Deniz, G. and Zhu, Y. (2011), “Using Analytical Network Process to Analyze Construction Method Selection in Highway Projects”, The Proceedings of ICCREM, Guangdong, China.
|Areas of Specialization / Expertise:||Green Building Construction, LEED, Sustainable Infrastructure, BIM, Risk Management and Decision-Making|
|Tags:||campus_events milwaukee_life building_my_network|