|Work Address:|| 1025 N Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
|Preferred Contact Method:|
|Department:||Physics and Chemistry|
|Education:|| 2011-12 Postdoc Training
Department of Biomedical Engineering and College of Medicine, The Ohio State University
2011 Ph. D in Biomedical Engineering University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
2008 M. S. in Food Science
University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, Shanghai, China.
2005 B. S. in Food Science and Engineering University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, Shanghai, China.
Minor: Engineering Management (Tongji University, Shanghai, China)
|Honors and Awards:|| 2011 Travel Award (NSF CBET) and Ph.D Level Student Paper Competition (finalist), 2011 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference, PA
2011 Nominated for Dean’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Study, University of South Carolina
2010 Poster Award, 12th Annual Conference of the North Carolina Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Society, Co-author
2009 Excellent Thesis/Dissertation Award, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
2008 Outstanding Graduate Award, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
2007 The Academic Star of Graduate Students (ranked 1st), University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
2002 – 2007 Excellent Student Award and Scholarship, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
|Publications:|| Selected Publications:
1. Jenna Harvestine, Brandon Mikulski, Kirsten Mahuta, Zachary Crouse, Xiaoru Guo, Jung Lee, Katarina Midelfort, Junhong Chen, and Wujie Zhang*. A Novel Red Blood Cell-Shaped Pectin-Oligochitosan Hydrogel System. Particle and Particle Systems Characterization; 2014. Corresponding Author
2. Wei Rao, Wujie Zhang, Izmarie Poventud-Fuentes, Yongchen Wang, Yifeng Lei, Benjamin Weekes, Chenglong Li, Xiongbin Lu, Jianhua Yu, and Xiaoming He. Thermally Responsive Nanoparticle-Encapsulated Curcumin and Its Combination with Mild Hyperthermia for Enhanced Cancer Cell Destruction. Acta Biomaterialia; 2014, 10 (2), 831-842.
3. Pranay Agarwal, Shuting Zhao, Peter Bielecki, Wei Rao, Jung K. Choi, Yi Zhao, Jianhua Yu, Wujie Zhang, and Xiaoming He. One-Step Microfluidic Generation of Pre-Hatching Embryo-Like Core-Shell Microcapsules for Miniaturized 3D Culture of Pluripotent Stem Cells. Lab on a Chip; 2013, 13(23): 4525-33.
4. Wujie Zhang*, Shuting Zhao*, Wei Rao, Jedidiah Snyder, Jung K. Choi, Jifu Wang, Iftheker Khan, Navid Saleh, Peter J. Mohler, Jianhua Yu, Thomas J. Hund, Chuanbing Tang and Xiaoming He. A novel core-shell microcapsule for encapsulation and 3D culture of embryonic stem cells. Journal of Materials Chemistry B; 2013, 1(7): 1002-9. *Contributed equally.
5.Wang Jifu, Yungpin Chen, KejianYao, Perry Wilbon, Wujie Zhang, Lixia Ren, Juhua Zhou, Mitzi Nagarkatti, Chunpeng Wang, Fuxiang Chu, Xiaoming He, Alan W. Decho and Chuanbing Tang. Robust antimicrobial compounds and polymers derived from resin acids. Chemical Communications; 2012, 48: 916-8.
6. Wujie Zhang and Xiaoming He. Microencapsulating and banking living cells for cell-based medicine. Journal of Healthcare Engineering; 2011, 2(4): 427-46.
7. Kejian Yao, Jifu Wang, Wujie Zhang, James S. Lee, Chunpeng Wang, Fuxiang Chu, Xiaoming He and ChuanbingTang. Degradable Rosin Ester-Caprolactone Graft Copolymers. Biomacromolecules; 2011, 12: 2171-7.
8. Wujie Zhang, Kyle Gilstrap, Laying Wu, Remant Bahadur K. C., Melissa A. Moss, Qian Wang, Xiongbin Lu, and Xiaomng He. Synthesis and characterization of thermally responsive Pluronic F127-Chitosan nanocapsules for controlled release and intracellular delivery of small molecules. ACS Nano; 2010, 4(11): 6747-59.
9. Wujie Zhang*, Geer Yang*, Aili Zhang, Lisa X. Xu, and Xiaoming He. Preferential vitrification of water in small alginate microcapsules significantly augments cell cryopreservation by vitrification. Biomedical Microdevices; 2010, 12(1): 89-96. *Contributed equally.
10. Wujie Zhang and Xiaoming He. Encapsulation of living cells in small (~100 µm) alginate microcapsules by electrostatic spraying: a parametric study. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering; 2009, 131(7): 074515.
11. Wujie Zhang, Jianhua Rong, Qian Wang, and Xiaoming He. The encapsulation and intracellular delivery of trehalose using a thermally responsive nanocapsule. Nanotechnology; 2009, 20 (27): 275101.
|Areas of Specialization / Expertise:||Biopolymers; Stem-Cell Based Medicine; Tissue Engineering; Drug Delivery; Bionanotechnology and Nanobiotechnology; Cancer Treatment|
|Member Since:||Aug 27, 2013|