1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 7:58 PM by Gary Shimek RSS

Why don't the Databases by Academic Major links work on the Library's page?

Callie Claerbaut

Hi,

I'm trying to do research for my senior design project and I've made it to the Library's Hub page thingy and I made it to the databases section but once I have it in the Databases by Academic Major section, when I click on my major nothing happens. Could someone please help me? Maybe it's just my computer or maybe I'm being impatient, or maybe it actually doesn't work, I'm really not sure. Some help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Why don't the Databases by Academic Major links work on the Library's page?
    Gary Shimek

Hi Callie,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  Not all of the links on the "Databases by Academic Major" page are functioning at this time.  We are still developing parts of the library website.  A look-up on the MSOE Outlook system indicates that you are in the BE program.  Much depends on your specific senior design project, but useful BE databases include IEEE IEL/Xplore, EI Compendex, ScienceDirect, Proquest SciTech, Proquest Science, Academic Search Complete, PubMed, SciFinder, and CINAHL, as well as eBook databases, including Knovel, Ebsco Academic eBooks, and Proquest ebrary eBooks.  Patent literature can be crucial, as well.  You can access all of these databases via the Alphabetical listing of databases on the library's website.  Feel free to contact the library (by e-mail at library@msoe.edu, or voice at 414-277-7180) for individualized help and guidance.

Thanks,

Gary Shimek

Director of the Library