1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2014 2:25 PM by Jill Vande Boom RSS

Which Engineering is the one for me?

Elle Meinholz

Many students know that they like Math, they like science....they like building, they like designing... they know that they want to be an engineer. However, there are so many options out there that fit all of those interests. To all of the current engineering students, what do you suggest for incoming/prospective students who are interested in Engineering, but not sure which program to pursue?

• Re: Which Engineering is the one for me?
    Jill Vande Boom

That is a very hard question for figure out for students.  A good idea of how to figure out what engineering would be what kind of science do you like if you like biology I would suggest looking into Biomolecular or Biomedical, or chemistry I would suggest Biomolecular or Biomedical, civil engineering for the water resource specialty or architectural engineering for mechanical engineering.  If they like physics, well that fits into all the engineering categories.  If you do not like physics then software or computer would be for you.  There are three types of physics though, if you like more the physical aspect of physics like statics then biomedical, biomolecular, mechanical or architectural* or civil* (* structural specialty) engineering would be your fit.  If you like the circuits or electrical aspects computer, software or electrical would be for you.  If you like quantum physics that also goes with biomedical, biomolecular, mechanical or architectural* or civil* (* mechanical or waste water treatment specialty) engineering would be your fit.