5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2014 10:16 AM by Seandra Mitchell RSS

Grad Rate

Corban Rowland

According to the Noble Network College Bot, MSOE's 6yr minority grad rate is a 33%. However, the overall 6yr grad rate is 58%. Why is this so?

• Re: Grad Rate
    Elle Meinholz

Hey Corban!

Although this statistic is accurate, it's a bit outdated. These numbers all relate back to our overall graduation rate. Since increasing our requirements a few years ago, we are on track to have a minority graduation rate of over 60%!! However, we won't be able to notice the change until we hit that six year mark, in about 2 years or so.

Hopefully this helps! If you have further questions about it, our Vice President of Admissions Tim Valley would be a great person to connect with.

Elle

Corban Rowland

Phew, you guys had my college counselor worried sick. I'll be sure to let her know. Thank you Ellie!!

Elle Meinholz

Ha! Nothing to be worried sick about! It's tough having a statistic like that, where it is based on increments of six years! That's a long time! We'll catch up soon enough

Thanks for asking!

Elle

Tim Valley

Hey Corban,

Elle is right on. We have seen a significant improvement in our retention rate over the past four years which will have a positive influence on our 6 year graduation rate. This is an intentional effort on the part of the entire university community and is exciting to be a part of it. Hope you can join us this Fall.

Seandra Mitchell

Hi Corbin, all of the prior response have definitely been correct! With our higher academic requirements for admission, our retention rates have certainly increased, and continue to increase. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me as well. Just give our office a call: (800) 332-6763 and I'll be more than happy to chat further. Thanks!