0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2014 4:17 PM by Sarah Etzel RSS

Race for the Cure with the MSOE Nursing Honor Society

Sarah Etzel

Hello Nursing Students!

My name is Sarah and I am the president of the MSOE Nursing Honor Society. As an employee of Kohl's, my managers have allowed me to register the MSOE Nursing Honor Society and their guests as friends of Kohl's to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This means that the event is free of charge and there are two free t-shirts included (one from Kohl's and one from the Race for the Cure).

The race will take place on Sunday, September 21st at the Art Museum along Milwaukee's Lakefront. The future time will be disclosed in a future e-mail. To raise additional funds for both the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the MSOE Nursing Honor Society, a $10 fee will be due for anyone NOT apart of the MSOE Nursing Honor Society ($5 will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the other $5 will be donated to the Nursing Honor Society). For example if Nursing Student A (who is not a member of the Nursing Honor Society) wants to bring Guest 1 and Guest 2, then Nursing Student A will owe the MSOE Nursing Honor Society $30.

The participant registration information (Name, Nursing Honor Society Member/Guest, Phone Number, E-Mail, T-Shirt Size) will be due to me by August 15th and e-mail this information to etzels@msoe.edu. The $10 CASH guest donation fees will be due to Shelby Struble (strubles@msoe.edu) by Friday, September 12th.

I participated in this last year and it was so much fun! I would love to get a lot of people involved in this event since it is for such a great cause!

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me, Vanessa Dahan (dahanv@msoe.edu), Nina Alioto (alioton@msoe.edu), or Shelby Struble.

Thank You,

Sarah Etzel