Help Desk Technician - IT
The Help Desk technician will be responsible for all aspects of service desk support including Tier 1 and Tier 2 support. This position is also responsible for intermediate level hardware and software troubleshooting to faculty, staff and student constituents. This position reports to the Helpdesk Coordinator.
· Answer phone calls and provide support for all supported end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications, etc.
· Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 level troubleshooting support
· Provide timely resolution\escalation to user reported Incidents and requests for service
· Thoroughly document end user requests, troubleshooting steps and resolutions in the Service Desk call tracking system
· Respond to Service Desk Incidents as assigned, within the prescribed SLA timeframes
· Deliver quality customer service to faculty staff and student constituents
· Employ proper processes to ensure efficient handling of tickets to the helpdesk
· Maintain quality images for MSOE owned laptops through image creation and troubleshooting · Liaise with third level support regarding unresolved issues
· Work with various faculty/staff on their request for laptop support for campus related programs · Provides on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issue.
· Assists in collection and analysis of real-time trending information.
· Orients and transfers knowledge to junior staff
· Other duties as assigned