Catalyst for Future Success Summer Program
This summer program is designed to enhance your child’s STEM skills through seeing real world applications of STEM subject areas. In the 2019 program, students explored three subject tracks: 3D modeling & printing, biochemistry & biomolecular modeling, & engineering design. 2021 program offerings are being finalized presently and will cover four hands-on STEM subjects that go beyond what students learn in their classrooms.
Payment plans are available for this program. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Where: We Energies STEM Center at MSOE
When: June 21st - July 2nd, 2021
Cost: $650 (scholarship opportunities available) / $600 for MSOE Members*
Time: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration Opens: March 1st, 2021
Registration Closes: May 3rd, 2021 or when all spots are filled, whichever comes first
*Must sign up with a valid MSOE e-mail address to receive a $50 refund after registration closes
- STEM classes every day and a field trip each week
- Light snacks in the afternoon and lunch daily
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from the MSOE campus
- Lodging – please note that this is not a residential camp
To be admitted into the Catalyst program students must have appropriate classroom behavior and:
- Currently be in 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade
- Earn a 2.5 GPA or better in core classes (math, science, English, etc.). Standards based students should be meeting or approaching the standards in their core classes.
American Family Insurance Scholarships
Scholarship Applications Due April 30th, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Thanks to the generosity of American Family Insurance, MSOE can offer a number of full ride scholarships for the Catalyst program to those qualifying for free/reduced lunch. Please note that these scholarships are highly competitive, and as such, incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet ALL admission requirements, agree to attend ALL program dates, and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 30th at 5 p.m. C.S.T. with the subject line: (Student Name) – Catalyst Scholarship Application:
- A letter from a teacher, counselor, or other non-family member who can speak to the student’s potential for success and desire to explore STEM
- A letter from the student expressing why they want to attend the Catalyst program
- Agreement from the parent or guardian that student will be able to attend all program dates - this can be noted in the e-mail
- A copy of the students academic transcript or report card