Discover: Computing Systems
A week-long, residential camp with an introduction to the following areas:
Computer engineers build computer and also put computers inside other products. They are experts in computer hardware and computer software.
- Learn binary numbers, binary arithmetic, digital logic design, and basic computer programming
- Apply these concepts to control a simple robot that solves various tasks based on input data received from its sensors. Tasks become more complex as you increase skills throughout the day
Learn more about Computer Engineering at MSOE!
Electrical engineers build a wide variety of systems that move electricity and convert it to other energy forms to do work. The classic energy conversions are heat, light, sound, motion, and computing.
- Explore basic electric circuit theory and signal amplifiers
- Learn about automatic control of complex systems like the air surfaces that control an airplane in flight
- Build and test a variety of electric circuits
Learn more about Electrical Engineering at MSOE!
Software engineers are specialists in the design of large software products that you are used to running on your computers. Examples include internet browsers, social media platforms like youTube or Facebook, and the story engines used in video games. All of these provide a rich experience for the user and require engineers that understand how to blueprint, design, and test complex software.
- Learn about requirements, UML diagramming, algorithms, and computer programming
- Build at least 2 larger software products
Learn more about Software Engineering at MSOE!
Business Information Technology (BIT):
BIT is a critical aspect of today’s dynamic business environment. In managing a company’s information systems, BIT professionals provide mechanisms to improve productivity and quality of work life while advancing technically-oriented products, services, and communication. They are highly-skilled computer users and savvy business leaders.
- Systems analysis and design
- Software integration and implementation
- Database development
- Internet and World Wide Web applications
- Human and data interaction