Discover: Medical Innovation
A week-long, residential camp with an introduction to the following areas:
Biomedical engineers apply knowledge of how the body works to design devices, ranging from imaging systems to prosthetics, to improve healthcare.
- Discussing the various career choices in biomedical engineering
- Understanding the basis of electrical signals in our body and the principles of electrocardiography (ECG)
- Designing and building an amplifier circuit for biological signals
- Performing a laboratory to acquire and process ECG signals
Learn more about Biomedical Engineering at MSOE!
BioMolecular engineering is the merger of life sciences and chemical engineering. A biomolecular engineer thinks and designs at the molecular level using biomolecules like DNA, RNA, protiens, enzymes, and lipids.
- Model construction of DNA
- Introduction to micro and nano scale
- Isolation of your own DNA
- Introduction to polymerase chain reaction
Learn more about BioMolecular Engineering at MSOE!
The Nursing Experience summer program will allow you to learn how the work you do as engineer is directly related to nursing:
During your Summer program experience you will learn about:
- Introduction to various nursing specialties and levels of nursing (CNA to Ph.D.)
- Explore and experience simulation in nursing
- Hands-on activities in MSOE’s state-of-the-art laboratory
- History of nursing and health promotion
- Discover nursing technology in the 20th century
Learn more about Nursing at MSOE!