Management Strategies for Fluid Power Industry
This hybrid learning course is designed to refresh fluid power fundamentals and tie those concepts to solid business practices. The course covers the fundamentals of management including topics of finance, supervision, continuous improvement, and strategy development. Participants will be enrolled in the Milwaukee School of Engineering’s learning management system (LMS). Participants should review the information in the LMS and come to the live sessions prepared to discuss and apply the topics learned through the LMS. For the live sessions, a reliable internet connection, camera and sound capability are recommended.
Dates: Upon request for group training
Who should attend:
This program is intended for individuals in fluid power companies who are in or moving into managerial positions, technical sales, or supervision.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Identify distinguishing features of hydraulic systems. § Understand departmental budgeting
- Navigate meeting management
- Recognize business strategies
- Understand fundamentals of people management including diversity inclusion
- Understand how to use metrics to facilitate improvement
- Basic fluid power concepts
- Financial management concepts
- Business strategy development and execution
- Team development
- Cadence of management
- Participant will build a basic business plan through class exercises
Self-paced learning via MSOE's LMS available up to two weeks before, and after the live sessions.
Live sessions focus on key learnings by discussion applications and group activities.
- Day 1: Fluid power fundamentals via Teams
- Day 2-5: Live sessions 9-11 am Central and 1-3pm Central
- Kate Kerrigan – Operations Excellence blogger (EngineerXX), graduate of Milwaukee School of Engineering