All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Building a Culture of Communication
Communication can accelerate a team’s success when it’s strong and kill a team’s efforts and spirit when it’s not. It can also affect your company’s bottom line: Highly effective communicators are more likely to deliver projects on time and within budget, according to the Project Management Institute. Learn how to build a team culture of open and effective communication. You’ll discover the skills, processes and tools for fostering open communication across your project team, allowing you to navigate interpersonal relationships and communication styles to achieve your project goals.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers responsible for leading multifunctional teams
- New project managers seeking to develop team leadership skills
- Experienced project or program managers looking to refresh their team communication strategies
- Project managers who lead teams that have trouble communicating or resolving conflict
- Any team lead or team member who wants to improve their communication and interpersonal skills
Immediate Takeaways and Benefits
- Leverage communication style diversity to your best advantage
- Create effective communication, decision-making and planning strategies
- Relate to others with greater empathy and understanding
- Reduce stress in interpersonal conflict
- Assess your project team’s strengths, weaknesses and preferences
- Develop communication strategies based on team dynamics
- Put into practice tools and techniques for fostering communication across every phase of a project lifecycle (kick-off meetings, PDCA report-outs, SCRUM, communication plan)
- Foster a culture of trust and openness to drive functional conflict and open communication
About the Instructor
Patty Kramer is an adjunct assistant instructor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business, where she teaches graduate-level marketing, project management and leadership courses. She has more than 20 years experience working in the marketing ranks for consumer products companies such as SC Johnson, Dow Chemical, and Hanover Foods, and she has led numerous innovation and business projects. She is the founder and president of BrandBlazers, a marketing consulting and leadership training company that works with clients and their teams across a variety of product and service categories.
Time: 8 a.m. - Noon
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.