Diffusion of Technological Innovation
This workshop will look at the way products, services and technologies make their way (diffuse) into everyday use. This course looks at solving problems using technology, often in innovative ways that may or may not be accepted into the marketplace. Why did it take so long for Bluetooth® to be accepted into the market? How can we get the marketplace to accept our new products, services and innovations more readily?
Date: Next Date TBA
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Price: CPN Member: $845 | Non-member: $895
PDHs: 7 | CEUs: 0.7
Immediate take aways
- REAL innovations, Winners and Losers
- How to use the “S – Curve” as a roadmap for innovation diffusion
- Design a roadmap that is drawn at the beginning and throughout the product development journey
- This session will apply steps to accelerate value creation
Who should attend
- Product, Service and Technology Development Managers
- Innovation Professionals and their team members
- Research and Development Managers
- Product Managers
- Development Portfolio Managers
- Technical Marketing Professionals
How will you benefit
- Describe ‘Diffusion’ and its role in Winner and Loser projects
- Explain why some technologies diffuse much faster than others
- Describe S-Curve ‘Phenomenon’ as a roadmap for diffusion
- Create strategies and tactics during the product development process to accelerate diffusion
- Recommend actions that lead to “earlier” industry adoption
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Understand WHAT ‘Diffusion’ is and HOW it makes WINNERS of some tech innovations.
- Understand WHY some innovations are accepted by an industry and some are not.
- Understand HOW to facilitate and accelerate “Diffusion” (acceptance).