All MSOE professional education courses can be customized to meet your training needs at your workplace or at MSOE’s campus. Contact us today to create a specialized training program or learn more about our consulting services.
Portfolio and Multi-Project Management
Please note: Project Management Associate course or experience as a working project manager is a pre-requisite for this course.
If you’re a manager who oversees a broad portfolio of projects, you know how quickly the daily to-do list — and your stress level — can grow as you juggle multiple projects and deadlines. This insightful one-day course will help you cut through the clutter and successfully navigate the competing constraints and complexities that come with managing multiple projects and portfolios.
You’ll shift your focus from “doing projects right” to “doing the right projects,” so you can effectively target your team’s energies while achieving your company’s goals. This is a must-have training for any manager who wants to boost a team’s productivity and efficiency.
Who Should Attend
- Project managers who lead multi-person or cross-functional teams
- Project managers who are responsible for making resource decisions and identifying which projects to concentrate on
- Project sponsors/department managers
Immediate Takeaways & Benefits
- Understand the difference between project, program and portfolio management
- Use selection, prioritization and time management techniques to determine which projects to concentrate on
- Make resource decisions across multiple projects
- Understand and be able to put into practice PMI’s standards for portfolio and program management
- Establish effective governance structure and run effective project stage gate and portfolio review meetings
About the Instructor
Patty Kramer is an adjunct assistant instructor in MSOE’s Rader School of Business, where she teaches graduate-level marketing, project management and leadership courses. She has more than 20 years experience working in the marketing ranks for consumer products companies such as SC Johnson, Dow Chemical and Hanover Foods, and she has led numerous innovation and business projects. She is the founder and president of BrandBlazers, a marketing consulting and leadership training company that works with clients and their teams across a variety of product and service categories.
Dates: October 2, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Why should you choose MSOE? Learn more about what makes MSOE’s Professional Education a smart investment.
“This class takes your fundamental project management skills to the next level and gives you skills to grow with your experience level. We’ll introduce you to tools and techniques to help you navigate the complexity of managing multiple projects, and we’ll also enhance your financial and business skills to help you prepare for more advanced demands of selecting and managing a broader portfolio of projects.”
— Patty Kramer, MSOE instructor and marketing expert